MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR – VISIT EVANSVILLE
Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Terms: Permanent, Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $40,000 - $43,000
This individual is responsible for the planning, creation, coordination and delivery of digital marketing communication for Visit Evansville. This position reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager and routinely interacts with the Visit Evansville Sales team and Evansville Sports Complex management team. The successful candidate will play an important role in moving large and impactful strategies forward to benefit the tourism industry in Evansville and the region.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize social media sites and create online content for Visit Evansville and the Evansville Sports Complex.
- Develop and manage paid social media strategies and analyze performance.
- Coordinate, design and manage e-mail marketing efforts including monthly newsletters and targeted sales campaigns.
- Ensure website and other platforms are maintained with current digital assets including updated photos and videos, e-mail marketing lists and online sales collateral.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Coordinator with analyzing the performance of digital campaigns to modify as needed.
- Create visual and written content as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications or public relations, or a minimum three years’ experience in an equivalent professional environment.
- Experience with social media required.
- Basic knowledge of SEO, SEM and email marketing tools.
- Graphic design and video editing skills preferred.
- Strong analytical and market research skills desirable.
- Experience with PPC advertising (Google Ads, etc.) desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, proficient multi-tasker with an attention to detail.
WORK AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- The work environment is a traditional office environment with people, minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
- On occasion, this position will assist at events, with outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements. During such times, this position requires the ability to bend, reach, stand or walk for long periods.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Marketing