YMCA - Opening Lifeguard
YMCA - Opening Lifeguard
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position is responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the patrons in the pool area
1. Adhere to policies related to boundaries with youth.
2. Complete required abuse risk management training.
3. Adhere to procedures related to managing high-risk activities & supervising youth.
4. Report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
5. Follow mandated abuse reporting requirements.
6. Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations by activating the Emergency Action Plan (EAP).
7. Attend all scheduled shifts and in-service meetings.
8. Maintain a good working relationship with staff members and pool patrons.
9. Maintain safe and sanitary pool conditions. This includes checking chemicals at regular intervals.
10.Enforce all rules and regulations in a polite manner.
11.Perform other duties as assigned.
● CPR/AED, First Aid, Oxygen and Blood Borne Pathogen training required within 60 days of employment.
● Child Abuse Prevention training required before/on first day of working with consumers.
● At least 18 years of age
● Certified American Red Cross Lifeguard or willing to be certified.
● Pass a skills test upon hire including, but not limited to: 300-yard swim and submerged passive rescue.
● The employee must be available to arrive at work by 4:45 am Monday through Friday and 5:45 am on Saturdays. Not required to work all 6 days and other shifts are also available.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
● The employee must be able to respond quickly to any emergency situation and be willing to administer any first aid or care under the scope of their training
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Not Applicable