Earn a little extra money by safeguarding and engaging youth through swim lessons at the Y!
Make your own schedule. Choose when you teach with 30-minute lessons each session (minimum 2.5 hours per week required). Receive a FREE YMCA membership. "I've worked at the YMCA for 10 years and appreciate that it's family oriented and has been flexible with my outside schedule." - Dan, YMCA Swim Instructor & Trainer
Part-time 4-28 hours per week
Excellent opportunity for highly-motivated, mission-driven team player to provide assistance in the aquatic department including organization, delivery, and quality of YMCA programs to the membership, program participants, and community.
Job responsibilities will include the following:
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Swim Instructor is responsible for providing a safe and positive instructional swimming environment for YMCA members and program participants. The Instructor will focus on ages 6 months and up. The Swim Instructor must provide strong leadership, instruction and positive motivation for students in swimming classes. Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly. To be properly dressed according to set standards. To maintain and record skill performance records on the proper forms, including progress reports. Attends trainings as scheduled. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Organizes and puts away class equipment.
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Willing to attend YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification.
- Demonstrated ability to teach the development of swimming skills.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
- Ability to lift equipment and to lift a small to average size child.
- Reliable transportation to attend work.
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA.
Part-time positions at the YMCA of Southwestern Indiana offer great benefits including:
- Family Membership to the YMCA
- YMCA Program Discounts
- YMCA Retirement Fund (after qualifying number of hours worked and length of employment)
View and apply for this and other YMCA jobs at www.ymcaswin.org/employment
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General