Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
The Senior Internal Auditor plays an important role in the organization by performing several activities directly related to the company’s Internal Audit function. The candidate is primarily responsible, under limited to moderate supervision, for planning and conducting internal audits in a timely and professional manner while: following established criteria, working with other internal auditors, and engaging with other business units. The incumbent will also be responsible for reviewing findings with management, presenting recommendations, and writing reports summarizing audit findings and corrective actions.
Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and perform moderate to complex internal audit projects with limited supervision.
- Perform process walkthroughs to document key controls and changes to processes.
- Apply risk and control concepts to assess control design and develop audit procedures.
- Conduct audit procedures associated with the field work phase of internal audits and internal audit projects.
- Determine compliance with the established system of internal controls.
- Determine compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Conduct FDICIA testing of key financial and entity wide controls.
- Present audit results, conclusions, and recommendations to the organization’s management.
- Perform appropriate follow-up procedures on recommended corrective actions.
- Assist the external auditors and regulators, as necessary, with information requests.
- Perform all duties in relation to the Bank Secrecy Act under the guidance of the BSA Officer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to use sound judgement.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with a problem-solving ability.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Provide information related to the Bank Secrecy Act in cooperation with the BSA Officer.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business is preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- An active professional certification such as CIA, CPA, or CFSA is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in internal or external audit, preferably with experience in the financial services industry
Physical Requirements of Essential Job Functions:
The associate is frequently required to sit and/or stand, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects, tools or controls that are typical of an office/bank environment. Lifting items weighting up to 10 pounds on a consistent basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 80% of the work period while operating equipment such as computers, phones, calculators, etc.
- Typical office environment
- Extended viewing of computer screens
- Periodic travel between locations may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by associates assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the associate classified as such. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time therefore, they could differ from those outlined above.
United Fidelity Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note: UFB does not accept resumes from independent recruiters or external staffing agencies for any of our openings unless we have an agreement in place, signed by the VP of Human Resources.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level