The Senior Accountant assumes responsibility and accountability for maintaining accurate and detailed accounting records. Responsible for reconciling and reviewing general ledger accounts; posting entries; and researching and clearing current/stale items. This position plays an active role during the period end closing and provides support for other accounting service areas through assistance in problem resolution, research, and training.
Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Review daily correspondent bank accounts.
- Review daily operating system activity ranging from general ledger to ATM activity.
- Wire entry as needed.
- Daily cash tracking spreadsheet.
- Review Non-post issues and other operation transactions.
- Assist with fixed asset record keeping and tracking.
- Identify and research outstanding items.
- Operate under and comply with the requirements and guidelines established by the regulating authority of financial institutions.
- Provide research and training support.
- Prepare regulatory and external reporting requirements as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Possess a high degree of integrity when dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability to be a proactive, energetic team player.
- Ability to maintain thoroughness and accuracy in your work while operating under pressure and within short deadlines.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in business, finance, or accounting.
- One to two years accounting experience in financial institutions is preferred.
Physical Requirements of Essential Job Functions:
The associate is frequently required to sit and/or stand, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects, tools or controls that are typical of an office/bank environment. Lifting items weighting up to 10 pounds on a consistent basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 80% of the work period while operating equipment such as computers, phones, calculators, etc.
- Typical office environment
- Extended viewing of computer screens
- Regular office hours are Mon thru Friday from 8am to 5pm. At times, working outside of the stated regular hours may be required.
- Occasional travel may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by associates assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the associate classified as such. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time therefore, they could differ from those outlined above.
United Fidelity Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note: UFB does not accept resumes from independent recruiters or external staffing agencies for any of our openings unless we have an agreement in place, signed by the VP of Human Resources.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""