Under general direction of the Department Customer Service Manager, is responsible for the overall success of each awarded contract. This position works with all individuals directly involved in the processing of contract documents, scheduling and related activities as well as the application of materials on the job site. In addition, this position provides the coordination to lead these activities and supports the activities of the entire team.
Customer satisfaction and realizing the expected profitability are the ultimate responsibilities.
- Creating, maintaining and following standard processes and procedures.
- Deliver successful projects and earn repeat business from customers
- Maintain a schedule of projects.
- Overseeing the operational functions of each project.
- Creating and maximize efficiencies on each project.
- Coordinate between shop, field superintendent/foreman and customer as well as with the architect, general contractor and building owner as appropriate.
- Keep electronic job folders organized for each contract awarded.
- Coordinate material lead times and orders with shop and purchasing.
- Provide shop supervisor with hours estimated to complete the project prior to start of work.
- Coordinate change orders with general contractor.
- Coordinate close out documents with general contractor.
- Formal documentation in writing of job problems and potential job problems immediately when encountered with general contractor, building owner and architect, etc. as appropriate.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Supporting company mission, vision and core values.
- Leading by example in work ethic, communications and attitude.
- Track all jobs through completion.
- Create a plan of action to fully implement the start of each project.
- Coordinate Turnover Meetings with estimator, salesperson, shop, superintendent/foreman and accounting department.
- Perform bi-weekly coordination meetings during the course of each project.
- Responsible for training and evaluating as well as mentoring new Project Manager employees.
- As a company policy, all employees are expected to be cross-trained in more than their immediate job responsibilities so they can be utilized in periods of vacation, illness and heavy workload.
- Proven ability to manage projects with a variety of products/applications on all sizes of projects in the new and remodel market segments.
- Ability to relate to architects, general contractors, developers and building owners.
- A mechanical aptitude with a general understanding of the building sciences.
- Has demonstrated an appreciation for high quality, professionalism, profitability and above average performance communicated by personal example.
- Proficiency with PDF editor as well as in-depth working knowledge of computers and project management software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Accustomed to working in fast moving and sometimes stressful environment providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence as well as processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of people in a business setting.
- Proven track record as a team member and effective communicator.
- Professional appearance and personality.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and results oriented with a high level of work intensity and a bias for action.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to ensure scheduled deadlines are met.
Our full benefits package includes:
- Healthcare plan (medical, dental and vision)
- 401k Retirement plan
- Company Paid Life insurance (basic and AD&D)
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee, Spouse, Child)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick and paid holidays)
- Family leave (maternity and paternity)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Training and development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Lensing Wellness Program