The YMCA is hiring for a Gymnastics Coach!
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The YMCA Sports department is seeking a highly-motivated, driven, energetic and seasoned coach to join an established, and successful gymnastics program.
1. Adhere to policies related to boundaries with youth.
2. Complete required abuse risk management training.
3. Adhere to procedures related to managing high-risk activities and supervising youth.
4. Report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
5. Follow mandated abuse reporting requirements.
6. Welcome each child and their parents at the start of each class.
7. To be aware of the differences in each child’s physical and emotional maturity, personality, backgrounds, and motivation.
8. To supervise the players before, during, and after class.
9. To provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all players, giving each child an equal opportunity to participate. The Y for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
10. To communicate with other staff to promote proper sport-specific techniques.
11. To communicate with the Sports Director, any questions or concerns.
12. To serve as a positive role model to the players, parents, and fellow coaches by following all rules, demonstrating good sportsmanship, and coaching consistency with the Y.
● CPR/AED, First Aid, Oxygen, and Blood Borne Pathogen training is required within 60 days of employment.
● Child Abuse Prevention training is required before/on the first day of work.
● Gymnastic Coaching experience preferred WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a sports coach to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Ability to lead sports practices.
● Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position, including leading sports practices, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
View all of our job opportunities and apply online at https://bit.ly/3bwCqtb
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Customer Service