Director of Community Supports
Director of Community Supports
Department: Adult Day Services
Location: Evansville, IN
The Arc of Evansville is hiring for a Director of Community Supports! This position is responsible for initiating, directing, implementing, and evaluating strategic and operational services and programs where individuals are served along with establishing, updating, and maintaining policies that enable the attainment of the mission and goals of The Arc of Evansville. This position will provide advice, counsel, and guidance to supervisors and will provide input on organizational and programmatic matters.
The ideal candidate will have Indiana Medicaid Waiver knowledge.
Benefits of working for The Arc:
- 20 days of paid time off annually
- 8 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- No-cost medical clinic, which includes FREE medical care, lab tests, and generic medications available IMMEDIATELY upon hire!
- Participates in the development and execution of strategic plans.
- Provides leadership and strategic vision to the organization through a partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, the Administrative Team, and the Board of Directors.
- Participates in annual professional activities at the local and state level.
- Commits to annual professional and skills development opportunities.
- Conducts regular ongoing analyses of all adult programs/services to ensure the types of programs and services being delivered, the quality of programs and services being delivered, and the program outcomes meet the expectations of The Arc of Evansville's constituents.
- Directs, coordinates, and has operational responsibility for the following functional areas: Day Services for Adults, Community Job Link, Behavioral Support Services, Community Integration and Residential Services, Music Therapy, and Respite Services.
- Has and maintains knowledge regarding the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system.
- Provides leadership to program staff as appropriate to ensure consistency of service delivery.
- Oversees the security of individuals served files (electronic and paper) and other record keeping.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the documentation system and related processes to ensure program documentation meets the state and federal program requirements and supports the billings submitted by The Arc of Evansville.
- Demonstrates a passion for person-centered/self-determination approach when developing and implementing activities that promote a balance between community and agency-based Adult Services.
- Responsible for assisting program managers in the development of annual budgets for Adult Services programs under direct management and managing those operations to meet financial expectations; adjusting operating activities when necessary to meet changes in funding.
- Monitors and evaluates the external environment for trends in disability services, funding, regulations, and advocacy activities to ensure The Arc of Evansville is proactive in developing programs and services to meet the needs of its constituents. Is proactive in advocating recommendations as necessary for The Arc of Evansville to operate successfully in meeting its mission and goals.
- Acts as the agency's Community Supports board liaison and works closely with the board as required and coordinates activities and meetings for the Programs and Standards Committee.
- Bachelor's degree in Rehabilitation, Special Education, Occupational Therapy, or related field required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of related management experience, preferably working in a program with people with developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge of Indiana regulations regarding the provision of facility and community-based programs to individuals with developmental disabilities, Medicaid rules and regulations, and CARF requirements.
- Represents The Arc of Evansville professionally in the community by developing effective work relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Completes training as required by agency and funding sources.
- Maintains certification for First Aid and CPR.
- Completion of crisis intervention MANDT training.
- Must pass a Department of Motor Vehicles background check and hold a valid driver's license.
- Must have and maintain automobile insurance coverage as required by The Arc of Evansville's insurance carrier or Arc policy.
Text DOCS to (812) 358-7507 to apply!
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : General