Rexing Companies is a family-owned and operated family of companies, based in Evansville, Indiana. We have a passion for freight, customer service, and our employees.
We are currently looking to add a full-time Accounting Supervisor to our incredible accounting team. With our company's exponential growth and rapid expansion, there are opportunities to grow within this position and in the company.
You will be an intricate member of our accounting team with a primary focus on overseeing the general accounting functions and monthly financial accuracy while assisting with budgeting, forecasting, and business analysis functions. This position will also be in charge of immediately supervising our accounts payable, receivable, and billing team.
You must have strong attention to detail, proficiency in Excel, the ability to think on your feet, and the ability to problem-solve and resolve accounting issues at hand. Experience working in QuickBooks is a plus, but not required, as long as you are willing to learn. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment and can adjust to changing demands of the company, this position is for you! Experience in Transportation and Logistics is a plus, but not required.
- Oversee corporate and general accounting functions.
- Provide leadership and management including a culture of teamwork and accountability to the accounting department.
- Implements training for new hires and conducts periodic training sessions for the accounting staff to inspire and motivate the team to perform well and effectively influence the actions of others.
- Evaluate transactions to ensure validity and accuracy of chart of accounts elements and vendor claims.
- Administer standards for card statement reconciliation and supporting documentation. Direct monthly review of statements, receipts, and related posting of transactions to the accounting information system.
- Review open invoices monthly. Coordinate resolution of issues with customers and vendors.
- Identify expenses that meet the criteria for accrual or deferral across fiscal years. Coordinate entries to recognize expenses in the proper fiscal period.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes and ensuring that all transactions are booked in a timely manner and in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Manages the preparation, analysis, coordination, and delivery of consolidated financial statements, including financial analysis and other financial reports for use by management and auditors.
- Monitors and resolves any intercompany reconciliations on a reporting basis with the CFO and Accounting team.
- Lead month-end close activities.
- Maintain the integrity of multiple general ledgers and chart of accounts.
- Oversee preparation and review of timely and complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and account analyses, including intercompany balances.
- Assist the business unit throughout the annual budgeting process.
- Oversee monthly reviews with corporate department leaders (budget vs. actual).
- Perform financial analysis as needed to support potential solutions and decisions. Review, document, implement and communicate the enforcement of correct and appropriate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls in accordance with US GAAP throughout all departments and companies.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Research and interpreting data to answer accounting and financial questions.
- Research accounting and regulatory guidance on complex transactions to ensure accurate recording.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Ensure the protection of the assets of the company including internal/external controls
- Manage cash flow by coordinating timely collections of receivables with customers.
- Prepares monthly financial reports to track the organization's assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Provide proper reconciliation of all Balance sheet accounts.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area required with at least five years of related experience,
- Supervisory experience with attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills strongly preferred.
- Must possess the ability to read, interpret, apply, and analyze regulations.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills to deal with the public and to handle transactions in a customer-oriented manner.
- Must possess a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks, determine priorities, set deadlines, and complete projects required.
- Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Professional presence, including excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously on a day-to-day basis, while also being a team player with the ability to work with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- in a fast pace environment..
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a high degree of integrity when dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability to work under high pressure and short deadlines.
- Exhibit ownership over department and responsibilities.
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP and current accounting regulations and internal controls
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask while coordinating multiple high-level priorities
- Ability to train and mentor employees
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision-making related to non-routine duties
Monday thru Friday 7:30 – 4:30. Our company values work-life balance, and we want you to be able to enjoy your family time.
Why Rexing Companies, what we offer:
- Competitive base pay
- Advancement opportunity. We are growing and will be promoting from within.
- Tools and technology. You will be supplied with everything you need to be successful.
- Collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, 401K and Life benefits, and lots of free food- we like to eat here.
Don’t meet every requirement? Go ahead and apply. At Rexing we are dedicated to growing a diverse, authentic, and healthy learning environment. We are excited about those who are willing to learn and grow in their own skills. Even if your skills don't completely alone, if you are excited to explore a new career, we are too! Apply today.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance