The Accounting Manager reports to the Chief Financial Officer and works closely with the VP Controller to assist with the overall goals for the accounting department. This position will assist with budgeting, forecasting, and business analysis functions. The Accounting Manager will work directly with the entire accounting team and is responsible for having a thorough understanding and the financial transactions and reporting requirements.
Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in monthly close process, financial reporting, and preparation of GAAP financial statements.
- Monitor and analyze the work of the accounting staff.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Research and interpreting data to answer accounting and financial questions.
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Assis in strategic and finance modeling for the Bank.
- Research accounting and regulatory guidance on complex transactions to ensure accurate recording.
- Provide leadership and management including a culture of teamwork and accountability to the accounting department.
- Work closely with subsidiaries accounting and finance team to ensure accurate consolidation and reporting.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Analyze financial information for accuracy and completeness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Dynamic and self-motivated with strong business acumen and drive necessary to be part of a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks without direction.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Possess a high degree of integrity when dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability to work with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be a proactive and energetic team player.
- Ability to work under high pressure and short deadlines.
- Exhibit ownership over department and responsibilities.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- College degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA certification preferred.
- 2 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
Physical Requirements of Essential Job Functions:
The associate is frequently required to sit and/or stand, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects, tools or controls that are typical or an office/bank environment. Lifting items weighting up to 10 pounds on a consistent basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 80% of the work period while operating equipment such as computers, phones, calculators, etc.
- Typical office environment.
- Extended viewing of computer screens.
- Regular office hours are Mon thru Friday from 8am to 5pm. At times, working outside of the stated regular hours may be required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Typical office working conditions. Indoor and environmentally controlled. The noise level is typical of most office environments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by associates assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the associate classified as such. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time therefore, they could differ from those outlined above.
United Fidelity Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note: UFB does not accept resumes from independent recruiters or external staffing agencies for any of our openings unless we have an agreement in place, signed by the VP of Human Resources.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Finance